I'm currently reading the book, Be The Gift by Ann Voskamp and within it lies challenges and truths about being a gift to others. Which jumped out at me when I was at the book store the other night. Sundays for me are usually life giving and today is no exception because I can't count the number of times something I pick up or reflect on comes right at us on cue in a pastors message days following.
Live grateful is to let our brokenness be turned into abundance, for ourselves and others.
Since it is November, blogging it.
Living Grateful Gifts
- Want an empty bucket list? Pour out your life. Set out a jar, bowl, or container as a life visual.
- Send a thirty-second video to someone who has touched your heart. For people in this world like Christian Griggs-Dane and toasts like these to capture.
- Three gifts each day you are thankful for –and then reach out to thank the three people who directly or indirectly make those gifts possible.
- Stand on a street corner or in a hallway for a set amount of time and compliment as many people as you can find. Which is not hard to find when holding signs like these!
- For a church that teaches living grateful all year long and that churches live grateful wristband one of my fourth grade students wears to school every day.
- While out and about, tell a parent about how well his/her child is behaving or how much they are appreciated. For the kids and I getting to do this for J while his watch dog Dad visited class.
- Write letters to people you don't get to see often. For these reminders of the kind of impact it can have on a young generation in place of text.
- Pray for someone who is hurting.
- For vocabulary such as rethink or reconsider.
- Share a bible verse when someone needs it. The Scripture says in Matthew 6:34, “Do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will have enough worries of its own.” God gives you the grace for today. You don’t have grace for tomorrow. Don’t try to figure out the next five years, playing all the ‘what if’s.’ The ‘what if’s’ will make you depressed. If the ‘what if’ does happen, God will give you the grace to handle it.
- Have a life group.
- Laugh every day. "No Amy, I find it revolting." LOL! Well, too damn bad!
- Pay attention to the spiritual gifts God has given to you and trust spirit to guide you in strength, desire and ability to serve from them. ❤️
- For teacher conferences with one of my greatest blessings. And for being able to encourage his teacher in return, about to become a new mom herself. We don't bring them home with directions but the good news is we get closer to figuring it out the third time around. 🙂
- Back to school…
- Drive down Ford Road to have dinner with your Aunt and on the way notice the memories you have upon seeing the McDonald's, then your grandparents house and the cemetery where they are buried. Smile and thank Jesus for sharing them with you.
- Listen to worship music.
- For the gender fluid individual who helped you at the beauty store today and because after wishing them a Happy Thanksgiving they looked surprised…as if they aren't used to people wishing them happiness. Then crying because the interaction brought tears so you sit in your car thanking Jesus for that moment instead of being a creeper inviting them over for Thanksgiving dinner. ❤️
- As the years pass, ask yourself if you remember moments you got or moments you connected. Time gives us the answer every time.
- The best teachers show you where to look but don't tell you what to see. The absolute best teacher of this is Jesus. Because he is the BEST of course.
- Share something you've read with someone today. You do something great with your life when you do all the small things with His great love.
- No school days with happy silly kiddos and snapchastic. ErrorThis video doesn’t existErrorThis video doesn’t exist
- God loves you because of who God is, not because of anything you did or didn't do.
- Quiet moments with your youngest singing Jesus Loves Me before bed time.
- Take advice from a ten year old.. today's installment is you should hug at least three people every day.
- Follow your soul. It knows the way.
- When it is secret sister time make two for each of you.
- Religion is for people afraid of hell. Relationship is freedom from it. Therefore by their fruits you will know.
- For words in scripture like healed, lived, affirmed and worthy even when the person could not bring themselves to see their worth in Jesus's physical presence. For words like Jesus went when he could have said I'm sorry, but I can't affirm this person who is sick and near death in your home by caring for them. When the officer heard about Jesus, he sent some well respected Jewish leaders to ask him to come and heal his servant. So they earnestly begged Jesus to come with them and help the man. So Jesus went with them. But just before they arrived at the house, the officer sent some friends to say, "Lord, don't trouble yourself by coming to my home, for I am not worthy of such an honor. I am not even worthy to come and meet you. Just say the word from where you are, and he will be healed." When Jesus heard this, he was amazed, turning to the crowd, he said, "I tell you, I haven't seen faith like this in all the land of Israel!" And when they returned to his house, they found the man completely healed. ~ Then Jesus said to the Roman officer, "Go on home. What you have believed has happened." ~ Luke 7 / Matthew 8:13
- The Lord doesn't make decisions the way we do, he looks at our thoughts & intentions. He is pleased with those who really do humbly believe him. The Lord looks on the heart. ~ 1 Samuel 16:7
Loved By Grace,