Five little f’ers can be a real B peeps but here’s the deal…it is the way to some ridiculously bad-a%# awesomeness. That awesomeness is the act of refusing to betray yourself in the face of any opposition, reflected within ourselves or from others. It is seeking, finding and offering the world our very best self. It is a journey.
This is what I like to call it. 🙂
So how do we get to this level of awesomeness? We all know someone who does not take crap from anyone. Why? Because they respect themselves and that respect in turn commands respect from others.
Unapologetic respect is practicing the five little f’ers. So what are these five little f’ers? Yes, let’s do this peeps! Here they are loves:
- Cut the crap…which means own our own ugly. If something drives us absolutely nuts chances are we need to get mighty real with our own selves about it. Because that crazy “out there” is our own shit singing to us.
- Dissect the crap out of it…which means take a long hard look at our own sad sob story. Ask the questions, why is this bothersome? Does it benefit reacting this way or does it hold back? How might it feel to choose not to react the same way?
- Suffocate the energy vampire…which means stop enabling. Refuse to fund the pity parties any longer, close down the account. Whether that is our own or others meme fests, say enough is enough. Tough love is still love even if we refuse to see it.
- Doors are made for a reason…meaning don’t be afraid to use them. Yes, holla heave ho to the down low. No matter how much work we do on ourselves with these little f’ers, it may be necessary to get the he%# away from down low toxic crap. Sadly it is usually people we love at the exit sign.
- Love our bad-a%# selves and every ounce of that ridiculous awesomeness inside of us. Fiercely, loyally, unapologetically.
Someone said to me recently I’m used to people not not really being who they say they are…this fact seems to have been a theme throughout my life. Abuse does that to a person I suppose, we become numb, desolate on the outside. But I am most definitely a terribly real thing in a terribly false world. I try to remember this when others seem drawn to me… why would desolate be so appealing? I’m not really sure. But then I was reminded of these verses today.
Whereas you have been forsaken and hated with no one passing through (what a description of desolation), I will make you an everlasting pride, a joy. Isaiah 60:15 (NASB)
Nothing can ever separate us from his love. Death can’t, and life can’t. The angels can’t, and the demons can’t. Our fears of today, our worries about tomorrow, and even the powers of hell can’t keep God’s love away. Whether we are high above the sky, or in the deepest ocean, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39
One thing is for sure, I have and always will be held tight in the arms of love. Grab on to that truth too loves. When we do, we can knock out every last one of these five little f’ers. Guaranteed.
I grabbed on to that truth a long time ago and while I haven’t always been on the strongest track, truth fuels some bad-a%# awesomeness inside.
Loved By Grace,